Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Summer Reading!

There are actually quite a few novels that I have been looking forward to reading this summer, so narrowing it down to two is a challenge! The first title that I am anxious to read is Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella. Not only is this particular book light and funny, it will also prove to be an easy read I'm sure, because the other books in this seres were also. I always hate stopping in the middle of a series without finishing it, so that's why this summer will be great to continue on with that series. This book in the series is about the main character Rebbecca Bloomwood and her fiance Luke Brandon getting married. Both Luke's mother and Rebecca's mother want to throw an wedding, and due to miscommunication the weddings are scheduled on the same day. Meaning that Rebbecca has to try and figure out how to fix this issue.
The other novel that is really intriguing to me is Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. Even though I saw the movie earlier this year, the story is so great that I definitely want the opportunity to read the book too. Almost everyone that I have spoken to highly recommends this book even if you have seen the movie, so I cant wait to read it. The story is about John and Savannah the main characters and how they fall in love. Unfortunately, John goes away to war and he still loves her, but he comes home to see she is with someone else, so it is a very dramatic novel. Overall, I am looking forward to summer itself, along with the opportunity to read some great books!

2 comments:

  1. Both of those books sound very entertaining, I am really interested to read Dear John too! They both sound like great summer reads.

    ReplyDelete