Thursday, May 20, 2010

Essay Writing

Personally, I feel as if I have learned a lot about essay writing this year in Honors English. I believe that I am actually a very accomplished writer, and that I have to capability to make very intelligent essays. I understand the basic idea of literary analysis and all its aspects including theme, motif, symbolism, and figurative language. However, I do think that the most challenging part of writing essays can be relating these items back to the novel.

I can easily say that this particular essay was the largest challenge for me out of all assignments, and this probably has a lot to do with the fact that it is the final essay of the year. The play Romeo and Juliet can make this an even greater challenge due to the fact that some of the themes including, love and violence can be hard to relate to. Along with this, everything in the play is expressed so dramatically making everything that much more confusing. Overall, I can honestly say I am proud of my essay and the work I have done on it. Meaning that I believe there aren't many, if any at all sections of my essay that will fall into the B category.

No comments:

Post a Comment