Monday, April 12, 2010

Extra Credit:English Year Reflection :)

My 9th grade experience taking Honors English has been much different than I expected, but it has still been positive. Throughout my previous schooling, English classes have not been challenging and I always felt like I needed more substance, which is exactly why I wanted an honors class. Everything we have completed this year have been things that I have done in the past, however this class had provided new and harder ways to do so. For example, DGP is something I have done since elementary school, but this year so much more has been added. Also, literature analysis is something that was introduced to me last year in 8th grade, but this year it has been a lot more thorough and in depth. It is not just finding a broad theme anymore, but about searching deeper to find hidden meanings, and things that aren't just visible when just skimming the text. It is actually amazing how much you can find in a book when thinking about its true meanings. I am very glad that I have been given this opportunity to be a part of this class because I really have learned so much, and because the year isn't even over yet, I hope to learn even more as the year progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment